Fuld Hall, Common Room
Christ Church, with figures including Henry VIII. Used in the 1724 Oxford Almanack. It is listed in Petters The Oxford Almanacks, p. 54 as Christ Church with the founders and benefactors in the foreground. Among the figures are Henry VIII, who founded the college in 1532, with Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, Henry Guildeford, Comptroller to the Kings Household, and at the end of the row, Sir Thomas Moore. On the right are Cardinal Wolsey, the original founder, and five deans of the College, Doctors Samuel and John Fell, Aldrich Atterbury, and Smalridge (MS. Description, Oxford University Press). Copper engraving, two plates are inscribed delineavit et sculpsti Michael Burghers sclp. Univ. Oxon.