Browsing by Type "Lecture/speech"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 88
Results Per Page
- Adeles and algebraic groups : lectures(Institute for Advanced Study, 1961)
;Weil, André ;Demazure, MichelOno, TakashiNotes are based on lectures given at the Institute for Advanced Study, 1959-1960. 84 131
- Analysis situs(Institute for Advanced Study, 1936)
;Alexander, James W.Zippin, LeoLectures by James W. Alexander 1935-1936 ; notes by Leo Zippin. 57 21
- Area and representation of surfaces(Institute for Advanced Study, 1948-11)Cesari, LambertoLectures delivered by Lamberto Cesari at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, Nov., 1948.
- Atypical Hodge loci(2023-06)Phillip GriffithsTalk based on the paper [BKU] and related works given in the references in that work, and on extensive discussions with Mark Green and Colleen Robles.
- Calculus of variations(Institute for Advanced Study, 1936)
;Mayer, WaltherTraeber, R.E.Lecture notes taken at Institute for Advanced Study, 1936. 58 30
- Curvature properties of Hodge bundles(2018-09-12)Griffiths, PhillipIn algebraic geometry the use of complex analytic methods differential geometry and PDEs | is long standing and far reaching for rather deep reasons the results these methods give (Hodge theory, vanishing theorems) have not been replaced by purely algebraic techniques. Two central areas in the subject are moduli and classification of varieties today we will discuss two results in which the use of analytic methods through the curvature properties of the Hodge bundles plays a central role.
- Developments in the theory of the electron(Institute for Advanced Study, 1948)
;Pais, Abraham ;Bohr, NielsRosenfeld, LeonDevelopments in the theory of the electron / A. Pais : containing also an abstract of Field and charge measurements in quantum theory, a paper by N. Bohr and L. Rosenfeld. 90 82
- Elementary theory of invariants, 1935-36(Institute for Advanced Study, 1936)
;Weyl, HermannBlumenthal, LeonardLectures given at Institute for Advanced Study, 1935-36; notes by Prof. Weyl and Dr. Leonard M. Blumenthal. 78 171
- Existence and differentiability theorems for solutions of variational problems 1937-38(Institute for Advanced Study, 1938)
;Morse, MarstonBusemann, HerbertRecord of a seminar, academic year 1937-1938; notes by Herbert Busemann. 170 38
- Extended Period MappingsGriffiths, PhillipClay Lecture at the INI, June 2022. The lecture is based on joint work with Mark Green and Colleen Robles. Theme of the lecture is global properties of period mappings with applications to the geometry of completions of moduli spaces.
- Extended Period MappingsGriffiths, PhillipThis lecture will discuss the global structure of period mappings (variation of Hodge structure) defined over complete, 2-dimensional algebraic varieties. Some applications to moduli of general type algebraic surfaces will also be presented.
- Geometry of basic physics: flat spacetime(Institute for Advanced Study, 1974)Milnor, John WillardLectures at Institute for Advanced Study, 1973(?).
- Geometry of complex domains(Institute for Advanced Study, 1955)
;Veblen, Oswald ;Von Neumann, John ;Givens, Wallace, 1910-1993Taub, Taub, Abraham Haskel, 1911-1999 205 101
- Global properties of period mappings on the boundary(2020)
;Griffiths, Phillip ;Green, MarkRobles, ColleenOutline I. Introduction II. Extension data for a mixed Hodge structure III. Extension data for limiting mixed Hodge structures IV. Period mappings to extension data (A) V. Period mappings to extension data (B) Appendix to Sections IV and V: Examples VI. Local Torelli conditions VII. Global structure of period mappings from complete surfaces 321 109